4 Signs to show that I've Finally Let Go

This post is affiliated to:
(1)Yeah, A Great Chance to Let Go! (2)On My Way to Let Go! :) (3)Goodbye, Ever After

A few months ago, I had written a few blog posts regarding my process of letting go.
Recently, I think I've let go successfully! Cheers!

People have different ways of determine whether they have let go or not.
To me, letting go doesn't mean that I have to block the person on social apps, stop keeping in touch with each other. If I have done so, I would deem it as shunning. But of course, keeping myself away from that person is necessary right at the beginning, it is to keep my mind clear.

Being obsess over him was like being addicted to a drug. It took me quite some time to recover from the withdrawal syndrome since the moment I've decided to let go. Here are the 4 signs to show that I am having a good recovery.

1. No longer relate any situations with him
This is especially tough for me. I had programmed so many memories with him, like the things we do, the food we eat, the place we went, the movie we watched, the topic we talked about, the chat history. We didn't really spent much time together in the past, but I used to treasure every moment. The scenes of those memories would re-enact so vividly each time when I come across something similar, or bypass a familiar place.

Now, I am no longer link these places, these food, these movies with him! What's more, I no longer re-read the messages.

2. No longer checking on him
Checking on his social apps seemed irresistible in the past. I had pledged to myself for umpteenth time, never check on him again. But my fingers didn't obey my brain's command, and I my eyes couldn't stop keeping track on him.

Now, even his posts appeared on newsfeed, I would just scroll it, unless the videos he shared autoplay and they were too funny to catch my attention.

3. No longer excited, nor agitated, nor disappointed, nor pretending to be indifferent upon hearing his name
I used to behave frivolously upon hearing his name. I would act apathetically, or maybe sometimes criticise him. Now I can behave naturally. And if there is situation when I have to bring up his name, I can now talk about him calmly, with no negative emotions. Neither do I hesitate upon mentioning him.

4. Being able to talk to him as a friend
I used to ponder for moments before telling him my real thoughts. I would afraid that he would judge me, or despise me. Sometimes I would expect praises, encouragements, and concern from him. If he didn't show me what I anticipated, I would be really disheartened. He is someone whom I can hide nothing for. He would eventually figure out. The worst situation was, I became so indecisive, agreeing to everything he say. I was too afraid to lose my status in his heart.

Now, I can talk to him as a friend, without any studied phrases, polished face or winning wiles. I have no fear for him to point out my shortcomings. Neither do I praise him lavishly, shunning the blandishments of art. I no longer misinterpret his intention when he gives me a hand.

That's all I've summed up! Congratulation to myself.
Thank you for those good old friends who are willing to listen, and willing to help.
There are so many nice people out there to love, are there are so many people who truly care about me.
The more I spend more thoughts on these people, the faster I would let go.

Remember, replacement is not the sign of letting go. It only conceals the scar, but not healing the wound from the roots. Everyone is irreplaceable. Just face it with courage, you will not lose anything. Never let our emotions cause the distortion of others' images.

Comments

Popular Posts